Responsiveness and Best Practices
Pet owners who get in contact with you would love to get a quick response to enable them make up their mind, in view of this we advise all sitters to respond to any enquiry and messages within 24 hours. For the best chance of getting booked we recommend you respond within 30 minutes. We also recommend getting an email alert on your phone, this will ensure you don’t miss any prospective bookings.
Booking: All of our pet owners are expected to make their first and future bookings through our site. Sitters must take responsibility for ensuring that all pet owners who wish to book their services do so through our site. We will terminate your membership with us if you accept payment directly from pet owners.
Sitting in your home or walks on the park: Below are some things to consider when sitting in your home:
• It is always advisable to make your family aware of your new pet care business so that they won’t be surprised to see pets in your home.
• Make sure you clear your tables and counters of any objects which may be dangerous for dogs
• It is always a good idea to keep your doors shut as some dogs have a tendency to run off.
• Watch out for dogs that look anxious around people, if you are unsure it is recommended that you keep them on a leash or in a separate area in your home,Poodly will not take responsibility for any injury or property damage.
• Remember to make pet owners aware of any pet you are living with.
• You should never leave dogs on their own or alone with children.
• Dogs should not be taken off their leash when in an unenclosed area, but can be unleashed when playing in an enclosed area or a garden if the pet owner has confirmed this is safe to do.
• Remember to ask pet owners about signs of anxiety or aggression in their dogs.
Cancelling on a pet owner
Cancelling on pet owners causes disruption to their schedule, they will have to go through another booking process and could have a negative impact on your business. To prevent cancellations it is important keep your calendar up to date. If you are not sure of your availability it is wise not to confirm it on your calendar. Before you accept any booking make sure you have enough information about the breed of the dog, his/her traits, size or any kind of behaviour they might have. If there are any traits, sizes, breeds or behavioursyou are not comfortable with ensure you let it be known on your profile.
Can a review posted by a pet owner be removed?
Poodly Care Group accepts and post all reviews submitted by pet owners, we believe it is a way of showing our pet owners hoe transparent we are. However you are allowed to contact us about any grievances you have about any review that has been submitted, we will do our best to conduct an investigation and deal with the situation if need be. Any abusive or threatening reviews will be removed and an investigation conducted, this may result in the cancellation of membership.
Will I be reimbursed for any injury or property damage caused by pets?
As stated in our terms and conditions “Sitters on this site agree and accept that under no circumstance will they demand any form of reimbursement from us or from pet owners for the damage of any property or belongings caused by the any pet during their stay with them”. It is advisable to enquire as to whether the pet you are agreeing to take care of has behavioural issues or not. You are welcome to give us a call if you encounter difficulty taking care of disruptive and/or destructive dogs.
Guidelines for our reviews
Poodly Care Group accepts and post all reviews submitted by pet owners, as we believe transparency is vital for both pet owners and sitters.However, you may contact us about any grievances you have about any review that has been submitted, we will do our best to conduct an investigation and deal with the situation if need be. The following are the guidelines that must be followed when writing a review:
• The content should not promote unlawful activities or violent
• The content should be related to the sitter and service provided
• The content should not contain profane, vulgar or any discriminatory language
• The content should not contain personal information such as contact details, full name or other personal information
• The content should not contain information that can be used for extortion
Please feel free to contact us if you have any question about the above guidelines.
Am I allowed to share personal information with pet owners?
We advise that you do not share personal information with pet owners until you have met them, this will help us protect your personal information and privacy. Opting to receive messages via our site is the best way to ensure your privacy is secure.